Here is a Cuban cookie recipe for a new treat to leave Santa this Christmas! We hope you enjoy them, because we can’t stop eating them!
– 150 g butter or margarine, room temperature
– 130 g (1 ¼ cup) powdered sugar, sifted
– 3 egg yolks
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 250 g (approx. 2 ¼ cup) all-purpose flour.
– Guava jelly
1-In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy. You can also do this by hand. Powdered sugar is really easy to combine with butter at room temperature.
2. Add vanilla, salt and egg yolks (you can slightly beat the yolks before adding them) and continue to mix for a couple of minutes.
3. Gradually pour in the flour and mix on low speed. Do not overmix.
4. You will know that the dough is ready when the mixture no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. You may need a little bit more flour to get to this point.
5. Pre-heat the oven at 350 F/180 C. Take small portions of the dough and gently roll each portion between your hands into a perfectly round ball. Apply some pressure on the top to create a hole that you will later fill with the guava jelly.
6. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet (it’s not necessary to grease it) and allow sufficient space between cookies.
7. Bake for 15-20 min or until they get slightly golden around the edges. Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a rack to allow them to cool completely. Enjoy!